Monday, January 5, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

There is no telling how many entries I've used the above title for but I'm willing to bet it's a few over the years. It seems that on my journey through life I've spent a good bit of it on, as Robert Frost put it "The road less traveled by." That has long been my favorite poem. It came up today in my email when I got it as one of two daily quotes. The actual quote is:

Two roads diverged in a wood and I –I took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference.-- Robert Frost

It's a great poem and describes my life very well I feel. If you've never read it look it up on Google and take a look.

The other quote in today's email was:

As you go the way of life you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think.-- Native American Proverb

Both of these are very fitting as today is pretty much the start of a journey down a new road in my life. I guess I've dabbled with this path for a while now but today it seems like I'm really firmly and surely on this new road.

There aren't too many people, or too many couples who would pick up and move OUT of Florida for their retirement years. True we're not really retired yet, not nearly, but we also don't plan to go back. That's why I feel that both those quotes fit my situation so well.

Today was Connie's first official day working from here in Mississippi. All our stuff is either here or in transit to here. I can now say that I'm living in Mississippi. I thought about it a bit last night and it was actually a bit scary in some ways but it's too late now, this is the road I'm on for better or worse now. I think it's going to work out just fine really. Mostly anything scary about it was the fact that I sometimes have trouble eliminating options or burning bridges and really don't like change all that much. Well the option of living here or there is now gone, the bridge pretty much toast, the change is done. Now all there is to do is move on and enjoy this new road less traveled.

No comments: