Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Morning

It's a bit before 6:00 am on Sunday morning. The house is peaceful and quiet save for the country music I'm listening to by choice. It's still dark out and I'm looking out at the back porch watching the cats wolf down their breakfast. I love these times. Early mornings, especially early weekend mornings, always seem the most peaceful and calming. I have a few hours to do what I want when I want. Oh sure on the face of it I can do that pretty much anytime but in reality there are usually things I should do instead of what I want to do (doesn't mean I'll do them but I'll think about them). Right now I've got a couple of hours before my wife wakes up that I don't have to feel the nagging of those waiting projects in the back of my mind. It's too early to do them. I'd wake people up. This time is blisfully useful only for me to sit here and enjoy the quiet and be alone for a short while.

Oddly I found this didn't work when I was here in Mississippi and Connie was in Florida. If I was the only one in the house then I could always do some sort of project that needed doing. Another reason it's good to have her here.

I'm watching CMT now as I prepare to post this and move on. Sugarland's "Already Gone" is on I think it's been a while since I mentioned in my journal that Jennifer Nettles is just SO cute! Ok that done I'll post this, watch the rest of the video then do something even more relaxing...

Hope ya'll's day is starting out as nice as mine...

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love those private early morning moments too. I was having one this morning and I heard stirring upstairs and I thought....darn, it's all over now I should have gotten up earlier so to have more time to myself. :)

I love that you are writing so often!

http://bill-mjc.blogspot.com/ said...

Time to myself is precious also. I think we all should take ore time for ourself, life is toooo short!